Design Technologist, Transportation (Calgary)
ARA Engineering Ltd, a McIntosh Perry Company, is growing to meet demand – and we need your skills! As part of a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on a strong national reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. As part of a growing organization with more than 500 employees in offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Oakville, Kingston, Perth, Pembroke, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver, ARA Engineering is expanding its capacity, and is looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Senior Design Technologist, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Preparing preliminary and detailed designs for new roadways and pavement rehabilitation projects;
- Providing mentorship and guidance to intermediate and junior engineers and technical staff;
- Preparing tender packages and contract documents;
- Review of project construction submissions and shop drawings; and
- Coordinating with clients, approval agencies, utility companies, contractors, etc…;
Well-suited candidates for the position will have the following qualifications or assets:
- Technical Institute Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or Engineering Design and Drafting Technology or equivalent;
- Registered as a Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) with ASET;
- 5 to 10 years of progressive related experience;
- Working knowledge in Transportation Engineering including policies, regulations, guidelines and operational procedures;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office;
- Experience with AutoCAD, MicroStation and/or Civil 3D with experience directly related to the preparation of highway and roadway drawing will be considered an asset;
- Experience in Material Quality Control Testing and/or Construction Survey will be considered an asset;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with clients and other relevant stakeholders;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and ability to think creatively;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team; and
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license
ARA Engineering Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format referencing: Design Technologist, Transportation (Calgary) in the subject line to:
ARA Engineering Ltd.
22 Royal Vista Drive NW
Calgary, AB, T3R 0N2