Project Manager, Transportation (Calgary)
ARA Engineering Ltd, a McIntosh Perry Company, is growing to meet demand – and we need your skills! As part of a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on a strong national reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. As part of a growing organization with more than 500 employees in offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Oakville, Kingston, Perth, Pembroke, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver, ARA Engineering is expanding its capacity, and is looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Manager, Transportation Infrastructure, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Participate in road inspections and coordinate construction activities;
- Liaise with clients and ensure their expectations are met;
- Identify and coordinate Change Requests through active communication and actions;
- Identify and coordinate Extra Work Orders as part of Contract Administration;
- Ensure exceptional communication with clients and internal team members to ensure timely flow of information, actions, deliverables, timelines and budgets;
- Mentor and supervise internal team members comprised of engineers, technologists, and project personnel;
- Recruitment of staff and building teams required for Contract Administration requirements;
- Prepare and compile final detail construction information, including final quantities and final cost tracking reports;
- During construction you may be required to be outside of the Calgary head office approximately 60% of the time.
Well-suited candidates for the position have a reputation for strong leadership and communication skills. Additional qualifications and assets include:
- 5 to 10 years of previous project management and design experience;
- Combination of relevant experience and education will be considered;
- Knowledge of Alberta Transportation design, construction specifications, contract preparation, and contract administration;
- Familiarity with the use of City of Calgary and TAC design guides and road design software programs will be an asset;
- Strong ability to multi-task and deal effectively with multiple opportunities and deadlines;
- Solutions driven, able to prioritize and make decisions in a timely manner;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, proven ability to maintain positive relationships with clients, and team members in order to maximize cooperation and achievement of deliverables;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Self-motivator, capable of motivating and directing any assigned team members;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office; and
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
ARA Engineering Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format referencing: Project Manager, Transportation (Calgary) in the subject line to:
ARA Engineering Ltd.
22 Royal Vista Drive NW
Calgary, AB, T3R 0N2